In 1848 Karl Marx predicted that “Capitalism would collapse on its own weight because the repetition of business cycles would eventually bring the economy past the point of no return”
In 2007 Niño Becerra wrote: “This is not a crisis like the ones we’ve known for the past 30 years, this is the beginning of the end of the economical system that startet with the Industrial revolution by 1820s.”
Niño Becerra goes on to give this timetable:
- September 2007 to October 2009: Prelude to the crisis. Governments would take measures to avoid “things going worse” (we are seeing some of them by now, October ’08)
- October 2009 to May 2010: The believe that “things are not working the way they should” starts to spread out.
- May 2010: The Crisis starts with all its force.
- 2011: The worst and hardest year of the crisis.
- 2012-2015: Governments regulate the economy and people accept it because they are in shock after what happened.
- 2015-2018: Slowly and not without problems the economy starts to pick up and improve slightly.
- End of 2018: End of the crisis.
Artículos de Santiago Niño Becerra (spanish)
Is this what happens when we let the criminals write the law?
Ex-Lehman-Banker bekommen Milliarden-Boni